Saturday, July 31, 2010

(dis) Connected

Stormy weather continues.  As often happens here the wifi went down for 3 days.  I've wanted to post but truth be told there isn't much to report in the way of clear skies.  I'm at the point where I was planning hoping to get some night sky time - the moon is finally rising late enough from behind Kitchen Mesa to give me exposures in the dark dark.  So one week to go.  We'll see ... but it is not looking promising.

Thursday and Friday the skies cleared between 2-3am.  Still too moon-ey at that hour.  Frustrating to get up to a perfect cloudless blue sky only to have it cloud up by 9-10am.  On Friday I got up at 6am to go on a hike to the top of Chimney Rock before breakfast.  I took what might be my only astronomy picture of the trip - even if it was of my nemesis.

See!  No clouds.  A condition that existed for about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment